Local search engine optimization (SEO) is a crucial part of any SEO campaign. However, it may be more appropriate for some companies than others, so it important to determine whether it is right for your business.
What is local search engine optimization? Local SEO includes regional markers and incorporates location in SEO techniques. A SEO company will typically use keywords related to a website’s industry or business, but a local SEO company will include the region, city, state or country the website is located in its keyword selection. For example, if a SEO company was optimizing its own site it will optimize for “SEO company” but also “SEO company Los Angeles” if it is located in Los Angeles. It can also use “SEO company California” or “Orange County SEO company.”
A local search engine optimization company will utilize white hat techniques, including link building, content creation and other techniques. However, it will also focus on the region and city of the business. The goal of local SEO is to increase brand awareness, increase ROI and increase visibility to online users, as well as individual searching for local products and services. A SEO company utilizes a specific radius to target local customers for a business.
Search engine optimization consultants utilize local SEO for a number of reasons, many of which are included below:
- Increase brand awareness in our local area
- Local keywords typically rank higher more quickly
- More local traffic is driven to the site, which can improve conversions and revenue
- Visitors can view real reviews of the business on local pages like Google Local and Yelp
- The business will develop a greater presence in its specific area, which can draw more customers
- In total, local SEO can lead to more customers, more sales and thus more revenue
Local SEO can be very profitable for businesses with brick and mortar stores. It should be something every business owner considers when hiring a SEO company.